Conversations with Composers Curriculum - Lesson 1: Bach
Lesson 1: JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH
SETTING THE STAGE
BACH BINGO LISTENING ACTIVITY (Appendix Pg. 30)
1. Organ Toccata and Fugue in D minor
2. Violin Partita for Violin No.1 in B minor
3. Clavier (Piano) Prelude in C major
4. Harpsichord Prelude in Eb major
5. Cello Cello Suite No. 1 in G major
6. Oboe Air from Suite No. 3 in D minor
7. Bassoon Cello Suite No. 1 in G major (arranged for Bassoon)
8. Horn Cello Suite No. 2 in D minor
9. Flute Badinerie
10. Contrabass Cello Suite No. 6 (arranged for Double Bass)
11. Recorder Corrente from Solo in A minor
Using the worksheet in the appendix (pg. 33), and this website, let's see if we can learn some fascinating things about the world’s largest instrument!
On March 21st, 2019 (Bach’s 334th birthday) Google Doodle created its first ever game that uses Artificial Intelligence. For fun, you can use your computer keyboard to compose a two measure melody and they will add harmony to it in a Bach-like style. Find it here.
Classical Kids presents ‘Mr. Bach Comes To Call’ as part of their award winning teaching DVD collection. This dramatic video is pure family entertainment and based on historical facts. It features Bach’s best-loved works beautifully performed by The Bach Choir of Bethlehem and Bach Festival Orchestra. Find it available through your public library or through the website.