Learn about the the life and music of Antonio Vivaldi!
This easy open and go lesson is perfect for classrooms or home-school. No previous musical experience is necessary to facilitate these lessons.
About CONVERSATIONS WITH COMPOSERS:
All lessons are suitable for ages 4-12 years old and can be worked on together as a group or family. Accompanying the teaching time is the choice between two activities; one for young learners ages 4-8 years old and one for older learners ages 8-12 years old.
Included in each 30 minute lesson is a "Setting The Stage" section which introduces the children to what they are about to learn followed by a more informative teaching time called "Diving Deeper", and followed by a hands on "Activity Time."
Each lesson has book suggestions as well as listening suggestions that correspond with the theme of the lesson.
Within each lesson you will find the option of using a link or a QR code that links you directly to a short video or live performance featuring music by the composer.
In the appendix, I've included a sketch of the composer that can be used to either string up as a timeline or be used as a coloring/painting template to keep little hands busy during the informative section of the lesson.
Each lesson gives you a list of materials needed at the beginning of the lesson which usually includes many household items that a classroom or house would already have.
One important note is that the use of a music platform such as Apple music, Spotify or YouTube is a must when facilitating these musical lessons!
Included in this lesson:
- A look at the corresponding art by Marco Ricci and the '4 Season Concertos' by Antonio Vivaldi.
- An in depth look at the life and music of Vivaldi.
- A 'Draw what you Hear' grid and exploration of Vivaldi's Four Seasons complete with key words from the sonnets to aid the listening experience.
- A closer look at each of the movements within each season that corresponds with a 14 line sonnet written by one of Vivaldi's friends.
- Book suggestions - "Some Creatures Have All The Luck", "Vivaldi and the Invisible Orchestra", "I, Vivaldi", and "Vivaldi's Four Seasons."
- Listening Suggestions - "Vivaldi's Four Seasons", "Flute Concerto Op. 10, No. 3", and "Sovvente il Sole."
- Composer sketch for coloring/sketching purposes.
My hope and desire with the lessons from Conversations with Composers is that through the stories, the activities, the music and the videos, children would be drawn into the fascinating world of Classical music.
About digital lessons:
This digital lesson will help you, the teacher or parent, open up the world of music for your children with a profound sense of wonder and curiosity.
The digital PDF lesson is easy to use with simple instructions, a clear list of materials often found in your home to use in lessons, and reproducible resources to be printed directly from your screen.
You will be able to click links right from the file or use your phone’s camera to click on the QR codes and be linked directly to some inspiring performances. This copy can also be printed on your own home printer.
Digital files are uneditable and are delivered via email upon purchase. Digital products are final sale and are not eligible for return. See refund policy here.
Purchase the full digital version of 'Conversations with Composers' here.
Browse additional individual lessons from 'Conversations with Composers' here.